Friday, September 2, 2011

I have a couple things.  First, two similar Latin* phrases and their translations Veritas Vos Liberabit (the truth shall set you free) and Veritas Vos Liberabbit (The truth shall free the rabbits)  There, now that that is out of the way I shall talk about recent events.  Just yesterday, I got back from Youth 4 Truth.  A Catholic Homeschooling Teen Retreat organized by some friends of mine.  I went last year as well.  Last year, I knew most of the people at the retreat by the end.  This year I knew everyone.  There were sixty of us.  It took place from Tuesday to Thursday at the Mount St. Francis Retreat Center in Cochraine.  There was adoration, confession, daily mass, (which I helped do the music for) praise & worship songs, (which I helped do the music for) talks, and testimonies from those who were at World Youth Day.  Also, there was quite a bit of free time.  During the free time we played: Ultimate Frisbee, Mao, (a card game where the only rule you can tell people about is this one) King, (or King and assassin (supposedly a medieval game, it is kind of like a walk-around version of chess)) and of course *drum roll*   Garbage Ball!  In addition to playing Garbage Ball, there was a garbage ball sportsmanship award.  All in all, Youth 4 Truth 2011 was a blast

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a lot of fun!
    At our parish one of the young people who went from around here is giving a talk on WYD.
    SO NEAT!

    In Christ,

    Anne Therese

    ReplyDelete