Saturday, December 4, 2010

My problems with "Do You Hear What I Hear?"

Here's a post that I had meant to post on Monday.  The reason why I didn't was, my computer jammed up, and when I started it up again, I didn't want to have to rewrite it over again.  Just today I realized that it was saved so here it is. (P.S Thank you Queen Lucy for informing me of my spelling mistakes)

I was listening to the radio a couple minutes ago, while wondering whether I should post anything today, and if I should whether it should be funny or serious.  While I was doing all this wondering, "Do You Hear What I Hear?" started to play.  It was then that I realized what a strange song it is.  In the second verse, a shepherd boy listens to a sheep.  He then in the third verse tells the mighty king what the sheep told him, and says that "A child, a child shivers in the COLD, Let us bring him SILVER and GOLD"  What I want to know is, why gold?  Why not a blanket? Or maybe, some hot food.  Nope, the poor freezing cold child gets gold.

2 comments:

  1. Oh well, it ends well with: "Pray for peace, people everywhere! The Child, the Child, sleeping in the night, He will bring us goodness and light." Much better than gold! I think you'll agree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never been a fan of that song. I thought the words and melody were stupid - no offense to anybody who thinks it's great. Your question is right on.

    ReplyDelete